[TxMt] Best Change Log Ever?

David Marshall dmarshall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 05:23:36 UTC 2006

I think that the point that the curmudgeons are trying to make is that
the "holiday" changes were unexpected and not very easy to get rid of.
 I thought it was pretty neat, but after looking at it for five days,
I just wanted it to go away.  Hmm, it was supposed to have gone away
with a sofware updated, am I doing that correctly?  I am supposed to
be getting minor updates only, did I get a cutting-edge update by
accident?  Do I need to get a cutting-edge update to make this go
away?  I finally figured out that I should quit and restart TextMate
to make it go away.  Woo, that finally worked.  Unfortunately, I spent
ten minutes trying to resolve something that had started to bug me
after five days.  I guess I did learn something about my Mac (I'm in
my 2nd year of post-switch!)

However, as a paying customer, I would have preferred that this had
either gone away by itself after a day or so or that there had been a
very prominent option in the Preferences to make it go away.

Please don't get me wrong.  I loved the thought but didn't love the
execution quite as much.  The arrival of a Hallow'een logo definitely
brightened my day(s).  It won't be as much a surprise as this was, but
I'll surely smile when and if future holiday art shows up.  It's an
endearing attribute of the philosophy of TextMate, and it makes me
happy that I spent however many euros I spent.

don't get it or just want to edit files.