[TxMt] Re: questions about themes

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 6 00:06:59 UTC 2006

Sam Aaron wrote:
> My second thought is probably a lot wilder, and therefore potentially
> useless, but sometimes bonkers thoughts need to be thrown out there. I
> wondered to what extent the colours within theme modules could be
> relative. Hmm, that doesn't sound so descriptive. What I'm trying to
> explain is that if within a particular theme module (if they were to
> exist) the colours could be made relative to a base colour. Therefore,
> if somebody didn't like a colour scheme, they could choose a different
> base colour, and the theme would reflect it. Crazy eh!

This is already quite possible.  Not only can you set some theme
elements to be semitransparent, you can also make them modify only a
particular one of h, s, l, r, g, b.  The problem is that you'll need to
edit the theme plist directly instead of using the interface.  Scan back
through the release notes to figure out how to do this.  AFAIK no themes
ever really did anything like this though.

Infin, think we can get those release notes you've compiled into the
repository, or somewhere else online?

-Jacob