[TxMt] ^X not working for Ruby -or- Rails

Bakki Kudva bakki.kudva at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 01:30:46 UTC 2006

On 11/4/06, James Edward Gray II <james at grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Nov 4, 2006, at 5:18 PM, Bakki Kudva wrote:

> Hmm, something is fishy here.  If you look in the Ruby bundle do you
> see a snippet called Insert ERb's <% .. %> or <%= .. %>?

Yes. I did see it. It's scope selector was text.html, source.yaml. I
thought that perhaps it had to have either text.html.ruby or
text.rhtml to activate it in that scope. But both didn't work.

> > A suggestion I have, if I may,  is to add a section on the file
> > layout of TextMate.
>
> You mean the bundle structure?

No. I was confused with bundles being in 3 locations:
~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles/
/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles/
/Applications/Textmate.app/contents/SharedSupport/Bundles

An explanation of how TextMate uses these and other directories would
be helpful to newbies.

Consider the problem I am having now. What sort of interaction is
causing this? I also would like to know how default keybindings work
and how they are overriden. That's what I have been snooping around
all these directories but haven't come up with the cause of the
problem.

> I've discussed this with the editor and publisher, word is still out
> but it doesn't look good.  Sadly we only have so much space and need
> to make sure we are filling it with the stuff everyone needs.

I understand.

> If it turns out to be a big problem in technical review though we
> will revisit it.  Thanks for the suggestion though.  We are
> considering it.

You are welcome James. Keep up the great work.

-bakki