[TxMt] ^X not working for Ruby -or- Rails

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Sat Nov 4 23:03:33 UTC 2006

On Nov 4, 2006, at 4:44 PM, Bakki Kudva wrote:

> I just noticed that <%= %> and <% %>  have been moved from Rails to
> Ruby. But it does not work now in either. I tried text.rhtml for scope
> but it didn't help either. Did a svn up also.

These commands are now on control > (⌃>).  Here's the release not
where we announced the change:

[NEW] The Ruby bundle has a new snippet to generate ERb’s <% … %>
and <%= … %> tags.  Both tags are available via control > (⌃>).
First press will insert <%= … %> (optionally using the current
selection as the content).  A second press will remove/add the equal
sign.  This depreciates the control X (⌃X) and control Z (⌃Z)
snippets from the Rails bundle and they will be removed in the
future.  This feature was designed by the ANSI TextMate Standards
Committee. (James Edward Gray II)

James Edward Gray II