[TxMt] ^X not working for Ruby -or- Rails

Sebastian Friedrich sebastian at feldpost.com
Sat Nov 4 23:03:18 UTC 2006

On Nov 4, 2006, at 4:44 PM, Bakki Kudva wrote:

> I just noticed that <%= %> and <% %>  have been moved from Rails to
> Ruby. But it does not work now in either. I tried text.rhtml for scope
> but it didn't help either. Did a svn up also.

^X and ^Z were deprecated in favor of the more intuitive ^> shortcut .

 From the svn log:

"[NEW] The Ruby bundle has a new snippet to generate ERb's <% … %> and
<%= … %> tags.  Both tags are available via control > (⌃>).  Add a
tab
(⇥) after triggering the snippet if you wish to keep the =.  This
depreciates the control X (⌃X) and control Z (⌃Z) snippets from the
Rails bundle and they will be removed in the future.  This feature was
designed by the ANSI TextMate Standards Comity"