[TxMt] Blogging Bundle: Excerpts for Wordpress

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Nov 3 23:36:45 UTC 2006

On 2. Nov 2006, at 04:29, Brett Terpstra wrote:

> Excerpt functionality *is* built in to the xmlrpc in wordpress, you
> just have to send it the mt_excerpt header, as mentioned on this
> list previously. [...]

Sounds like we should add these changes to the default blogging.rb?

Brett, rather than give these “go to line n and add this” you should
just run “diff -u oldfile newfile” or “svn diff” if you edited the
checked out version.

This gives a nice patch file, where I (and pthers) can then simply do:

     cd «directory with blogging.rb»
     patch < bretts_changes.patch

Unfortunately Mail mangles leading tabs/spaces, so you have to zip it
to attach it here, but ideally one would just paste it in the letter
body, then the receiver copies it to the clipboard and do:

     pbpaste|patch

Much much easier than this “go to line this and do that” :)