[TxMt] Moving/renaming project confuses TextMate

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Fri Nov 3 21:02:36 UTC 2006

I often use TextMate's "anonymous project" feature, where I drop a
folder onto TextMate, and it automatically creates a project for me.
Unfortunately, I've noticed that if I rename this folder or move it
to the trash, TextMate gets confused. It apparently can't find the
project and displays all the files in the file drawer in red text.
Also, if I happen to have an unsaved file open beforehand, TextMate
insists that I type my administrator password (why?) every time I
switch apps, since I have the "Save files when focus is lost" setting
on.

This wouldn't be so bad, except that sometimes -- and I haven't
figured out what causes this -- TextMate prompts me for my password,
then beachballs permanently after I enter it, and I have to Force
Quit. This has happened to me on quite a few occasions, and just
happened again today. (I'm using version 1.5.3.) Has anyone else seen
this?

Anyway, shouldn't TextMate be able to track folder changes? I don't
understand why it has to get all confused just because I move or
rename a folder.

Trevor