[TxMt] Class path generation with regexp

Sam Thorne sam at native.com
Fri Nov 3 12:15:42 UTC 2006

Hi List,

I'm playing around with templates for Actionscript, at the moment
all's working fine except the class path of the new class I'm
generating.

I'm using the TM_DIRECTORY  variable in combination with the
TM_NEW_FILE_BASENAME as in the original AS template and attempting to
parse it with a regexp to change it from a file path the the class path.

i.e. change _workingcopy/com/native/project/package/ClassName to
com.native.project.package.ClassName

My limited grasp of regexp is tripping me up however.

As I understand the problem, I need to look for "com" as the start of
the class path, strip out anything before that and then convert
subsequent slashes to full stops.
So far I've got as far as

Which as I understand it, matches "com" and then "/[somefoldername]",
and then repeats the 3rd match pattern ("/[somefoldername]") until
the end of the path on each path segment.

Am I close? How do I now go about replacing each / with a . in the path?

Thanks for any help!

Sam