[TxMt] Blogging bundle - Markdown for Typo not 'sticking'

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Nov 3 04:26:54 UTC 2006

On 3. Nov 2006, at 02:52, Benjamin Jackson wrote:

> I'm writing my posts in Blog (Markdown), and when I post the Format
> is markdown_with_smarty, but my posts come up with no text filter
> applied. Any idea what's going on?

There isn’t actually any support for marking a post as in a specific
format.

What is currently done is a heuristic going something like: is the
blogging system TextPattern? then the post is in Textile. Is is
WordPress? Then it is in Markdown unless it contains an HTML tag.

Generally you would enable markdown processing server-side for all
your posts. Though some plug-ins for some blogs can trigger
conditionally on post meta data (but there is no universal standard
for this, AFAIK, so we can’t really support it easily).