[TxMt] Bundle editing IN TextMate-proper?

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 01:26:11 UTC 2006

So.. I'm playing with editing my neat little bundle to make life easier, and
something has occured to me. We have this awesome, powerful text editor with
infinate customizability... and while editing our customizations, we're
stuck with an icky, featureless little text control. :)

I'm editing property lists and bash scripts in the bundle editor, and then
switching out of it to go into into the main app itself and edit some
external commands I'm writing in the support.. and its just inconvienant :)
I almost want to just open up the bundle directory as a project in TextMate
and edit the files themselves...  or, make a Bundle Editing Bundle :P All
the power of TextMate for editing text-- which is all a bundle really is--
is so close, yet so far, when in the bundle editor... :)

How do other people manage their bundle-making? Do you do it all in the
Bundle Editor? There has to be a better way; which is not to say the editor
is BAD or anything. I just miss all my TextMate features when actually
working /on/ bundles.

--Stephen.