[TxMt] svn XML parse error after upgrade to latest.

Bakki Kudva bakki.kudva at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 23:09:05 UTC 2006

On 11/2/06, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:
> This sounds very much like an svn error, and caused by something
> wrong on the server.

You might be right. I am using the old darwin ports subversion1.3.1_0.
Wonder if there are any issues with this.

> > I am using web-dav with Apache2 on the server with digest auth [...]
>
> Do you know if the repository is backed by BerkleyDB or fsfs? The
> former, I am told, is prone to corruption (and everyone today uses
> the latter).

I did not specify --fs-type fsfs to svnadmin create.  I am using
subversion 1.1 on the server which supposedly uses BerkeleyDB by
default. I have been reading a bit on how to "rewind" the DB in the
Book. Don't yet know if this will solve the problem.

> > First of all does this have something to do with the TextMate update?
> > That is the ONLY thing that changed.
>
> Unlikely -- TM runs the 'svn' shell command, and that one can't do
> things which can't be reversed (and are generally harmless).

thanks for the reply. I would appreciate any other pointers from svn
gurus on the list :)

-bakkik