[TxMt] Documentation for Package (TeXLive and TeTeX) ??

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Thu Nov 2 17:38:42 UTC 2006

Le 2 nov. 06 à 14:28, Mark Eli Kalderon a écrit :

> Did you read the thread /usr/local/tetex on the OS X TeX list?
> There was detailed information about how two TeX trees might
> interact there. Best, Mark
> On 2 Nov 2006, at 08:02, Alain Matthes wrote:

Yes but it's not really  the problem ...

"Sorry for my bad english..."

1) how to use TextMate  with "tetex and texlive" : in TM and in the
command Typset we have :

kpsewhich --expand-var '$TEXINPUTS' and i want to know if it's a
problem or not ?

For the pdflatex command we need to  set the PATH variable  in /etc/
profile to include the path of pdflatex but  it is not really
satisfactory: commands like Typset find their way automatically and
others as Documentation depend on the distribution

2) how to use "Documentation for Package" with texlive  because
Documentation is planned only for tetex “/usr/local/teTeX/share/
texmf.tetex/”. I can make a change by myself but ... tetex is dead
and in the future, texlive will be the only one distribution.

Perhaps a variable to make a choice beetween tetex and texlive is a
good answer ???

3) How to read with TM the  documentation in ~/library/texmf ?

Greetings Alain Matthes