[TxMt] Documentation for Package (TeXLive and TeTeX) ??

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Thu Nov 2 08:02:44 UTC 2006

Hello

On the list OS X TEX , the tests of installation of TeXLive are
increasingly numerous, and I think that in little time, TeXLive will
be the only distribution available. Also I have a first question:

1) If a user installed two distributions: tetex and texlive for
example, TM can it work with both? Is there a variable to indicate
which distribution to him used?

2) Documentation is planned only for tetex “/usr/local/teTeX/share/
texmf.tetex/”}. It is possible to envisage the same thing for texlive ?

3) Often, the most recent packages are not in the current
distributions. We install them in “~/Library/texmf/” or in  “/usr/
local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/”.

Is there a possibility of having access to new documentations?

4) If, I want to do all that myself, which is the good method :

a) for the choice of the distribution?

b) for documentation in “~/Library/texmf/”?

Thanks and Greetings

Alain Matthes