[TxMt] New Trigger for <%= %> in Ruby ???

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Thu Nov 2 00:06:16 UTC 2006

On Nov 1, 2006, at 5:25 PM, John Tsombakos wrote:

> Just curious what the rational was from going to a
> nice quick one handed keystroke to one that needs both hands?

We generated a pretty good number of reasons:

* ⌃X and ⌃Z were totally arbitrary
* It was wasteful to lose two of the coveted control
   based shortcuts to these functions
* The new trigger is a better mental fit
* We only use one trigger now for these related operations
* ⌃> pairs nicely with ⌃<

Note that we made other changes to the commands:

* Moved them to the Ruby bundle, since they are a feature
   of a Ruby standard library and not Rails specifc
* Widened their scope to text.html, so you can use them
   in more places

Hope that explains our thinking a little.

James Edward Gray II