[TxMt] tm_dialog

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Nov 1 23:52:07 UTC 2006

On 1. Nov 2006, at 22:11, Nicholas Schlueter wrote:

> I love tm_dialog, it looks so cool.  I watched the screen cast and
> I have
> something configured (somewhere) wrong.  In the screen cast the
> output is coming
> back in the form:
> {key = value; }
>
> Which I believe is a plist
>
> But when I run tm_dialog I am getting info back in this format: [...]
>
> Which I guess is the xml representation of the same info.  Is there
> something
> obvious I am doing wrong? [...]

No, the output just changed to the XML representation. If you would
prefer to work with the old-style ASCII variant, add ‘|pl’ to your
command line. pl will “pretty print” the XML representation into the
corresponding ASCII variant -- the downside is that it doesn’t really
support non-ASCII characters.

At a later time I may add an explicit “return readable UTF-8” option
which makes it easier to work with the result w/o a plist parser.