[TxMt] New Trigger for <%= %> in Ruby ???

John Tsombakos tsom467 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 12:48:13 UTC 2006

I just noticed this change in the Ruby bundle:

"[NEW] The Ruby bundle has a new snippet to generate ERb's <% … %> and
<%= … %> tags.  Both tags are available via control > (⌃>).  Add a tab
(⇥) after triggering the snippet if you wish to keep the =.  This
depreciates the control X (⌃X) and control Z (⌃Z) snippets from the
Rails bundle and they will be removed in the future.  This feature was
designed by the ANSI TextMate Standards Comity"

Which means I'm going to have to retrain my fingers - sooo much easier
to type ^z or ^x with on hand, now have to use two... anyway.. Setting
a document to "Ruby" or "HTML (Rails)", I tried the new trigger. ^>
does give <%= %>, but typing a Tab just inserts a tab. I don't see how
to get just a <% %> block? I tried hitting the trigger again (^>)
because I see comments about how this should toggle the tags, but all
that does is insert another set of <%= %> tags ( <%= <%=  %> %> )

What's the magic necessary here?

Thanks,
John