[TxMt] TextMate Project in Version-Control Annoyance

Daniel Harple dharple at generalconsumption.org
Wed May 31 17:52:48 UTC 2006

I am using a TM Project because I need to set a few project-local
variables. Projects files, “.tmproj”s, are serialized to a single xml
file, and included is information about window settings (position,
size, drawer open?). For example, when you move the project window,
your VCS will mark it as changed. This is very annoying.

Xcode solves this problems my separating the “project” and the
project window settings, all contained inside a directory/

XcodeProject.xcodeproj/
   project.pbxproj  <----- The _real_ project file.
   myusername.mode1 <---- other stuff.
   myusername.pbxuser <---- more stuff.