[TxMt] Help with Smarty tags...

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue May 30 06:58:19 UTC 2006

On 27/5/2006, at 12:38, Eric Coleman wrote:

> I have enabled the Smarty bundle, but have an issue.
>
> I use <% for open, and %> for close.  Im not sure exactly all the
> places I need to change this in the smarty bundle, or what the
> proper format would be.  I tried playing around in the bundle, but
> no matter what I did I couldn't seem to get it correct.

This would need to be changed in the HTML bundle / language grammar.

Near the bottom there is the following rule:

    smarty = { patterns = (
          {  begin = '(\{(literal)\})';
             end = '(\{/(literal)\})';
             captures =
             {  1 = { name = 'source.smarty.embedded.html'; };
                2 = { name = 'support.function.built-in.smarty'; };
             };
          },
          {  name = 'source.smarty.embedded.html';
             begin = '{{|{';
             end = '}}|}';
             patterns = ( { include = 'source.smarty'; } );
             disabled = 1;
          },
       );
    };

First you need to change “disabled = 1” to 0 (or remove it), but you
probably did that.

The next thing is to change the begin/end patterns to match <% and %
 >. One caveat though, this syntax is currently also matched for
embedded Ruby. This rule is just above the Smarty rule, and you would
need to remove that one.