[TxMt] Mate command broken

Chad Lung chad.lung at gmail.com
Sun May 28 02:13:28 UTC 2006

Originally when I installed Textmate it offered to put in the link for the
"mate" command which I chose to do.  The mate command worked from terminal
until the next day when I fired up my computer and suddenly it stopped
working.  So I went into the "Help" menu, "Terminal "Usage" option and
clicked the "Create Link" button for /opt/local/bin, it gives me an error
"Couldn't create link: /opt/local/bin/mate filed ... bad address".  If it
use any of the other paths I get an error the the operation is not
permitted.

Not sure what to do.  Isn't mate just a symbolic link to the actual
textmate.app in applications?

Thanks for nay help on this.