[TxMt] Re: Performance issues

Aristide Grange grange at univ-metz.fr
Sat May 27 10:57:12 UTC 2006

Data: a 2.5 MB text file (plain text / no coloration / 225800 lines,
none exceeding 30 characters) structured as follows:

> ABACA~
> ABACULE~
> ABAISSABLE~
> ABAISSAIENT~

Problem: Replace all the 225800 occurrences of "~\n" by "\n" (iMac G4
800 Mhz, 1GB ram, 10.4.6):
	TextWrangler: 30 s (gracefully interruptible)
	TextMate: who knows? (forced to quit after 15 mn)

Looks like there is some psychological issue here, indeed.
;-)
I do love TextMate. But for such search/replacements, I couldn't live
without TextWrangler.

Cheers,

A.