[TxMt] MultiMarkdown Footnotes Issue

Soryu Soryu at serenity.de
Fri May 26 20:19:43 UTC 2006

On 26.05.2006, at 17:47, Robert M. Ullrey wrote:

>>> This happens if the footnote is referenced but the declaration
>>> cannot be found. Footnotes with only one word[^test] or only a
>>> link[^test2] don't work.
>
> I have had no problems with using single word references, e.g.,
> [^note] and then etc. However, there are two things to remember
> with multimarkdown footnotes.
>
> First the footnote text [^note]: text should be in the same section
> that the note is , i.e., not in another chapter. Second, each
> [^note]: text needs to have an empty line to define it. So:
>
> [^note]: text goes here
>
> [^anotherone]: Another footnote.
>
> The footnote command does not recognize 3 or more spaces after a
> line as a hard break.
Hi Robert.

I did not have any problem with sections. My footnotes always come at
the end of the whole document regardless of where the are referenced
(works for me). The problem appears when you have a footnote with
text consisting of only one word or a link. That is the text
(content) of the footnote, not the label/reference. The empty line
between footnotes is because I think a footnote can get rather
complex, so it is defined as a paragraph.

Soryu.