[TxMt] Preview in Firefox?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu May 25 21:04:42 UTC 2006

On 25/5/2006, at 19:23, Josh wrote:

> I'm just starting to use TM and coming from skEdit where I could
> set the preview to which ever browser I wanted. Is there a way to
> do that in TextMate?

There are two commands in the HTML bundle, “Refresh Running Browser
(s)” on ⌘R which sends a ‘reload’ to all open browsers (and
switch to one of them). That way, if you have your page open in the
browser, you can do ⌘R from TextMate to reload it.

There is also “Open Document in Running Browser(s)” (no key
equivalent), this one will open the file via file: but you can set
TM_PROJECT_SITEURL if you want it to be loaded via http: -- if you go
to the Bundle Editor then there is a bit of explanation in the top of
the command source.

For how to set variables, see the manual [1].

[1] http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
environment_variables#static_variables