[TxMt] "Pristine Copy" and svn bundle checkout

Dan Weeks textmate at danimal.org
Thu May 25 16:06:11 UTC 2006

On 2006-05-25 02:35:35 -0400, John Tsombakos wrote:
> This may have gotten lost in the last thread, but with the new
> ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles folder,
> where is the best place to check out the bundles/themes/plugins from
> http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk ?
>
> The directions say to check them out to /Library/Application
> Support/Textmate, but the release notes (and Allan's previous email),
> said the place for new bundles is the "Pristine Copy" folder. Is that
> folder just for bundles? What about the rest of the items that are
> currently in /Library/Application Support.... ?

This is a good question.  I'm trying to figure out how to do this at
work where my home account is network mounted and I don't have admin
access to any of the Macs.  For that matter I don't currently have a
Mac on my desk (I know, I know, life sucks but one makes due) so when
I am using one it might be any one of a number of machines.

I'm currently trying to see if I can make a
~/Library/Application Support/TextMate-SVN that I'll keep up to date
and just soft-link the parts I need back into my
~/Library/Application Support/TextMate, specifically the Pristine Copy
directory.  Does that work for anything other than Bundles right now?

Dan