[TxMt] Markdown to PDF via Prince REQ

Robert M. Ullrey robert_ullrey at mac.com
Wed May 24 22:54:10 UTC 2006

I am still having troubles getting my multimarkdown to Prince command
to find the css file. Prince wants to look for it in the /tmp file
because that is were the generated html file is. So, if my file is
in: ~/scratch/book.multimarkdown, and my css is also in ~/scratch/
book.css, the multimarkdown covention is to then write in the
beginning of the document:

format: complete
css: book.css

If I convert the document to html and save it in ~/scratch/ then run
Prince I have no troubles. However, running my script to generate an /
tmp/$DST.html and then running Prince on it gets me a pdf without the
stylesheet. I can specify the style sheet in Prince "prince -s ~/
scratch/book.css book.css", but that would be impractical for a
script. What I would love to write is prince -s "$CSS_FILES"
"$DST.html" /tmp/

Allan gave me a quick ruby script "CSS_FILES=$(ruby <"$TM_FILEPATH" -
ne 'puts $1 if /<link(?=[^>]*?type="text\/css")[^>]*?
href="(.*?)"/')", but it does not seem to find ~/scratch/book.css (or
any other css file) and use it as $CSS_FILES.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Robert