[TxMt] full-screen mode feature request.

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Mon May 22 16:23:27 UTC 2006

> Though I do have an experimental/proof-of-concept full screen mode
> for 2.0, but it sucks big time, because it blocks things like cmd-tab
> and zoom mode (all the full screen API¹s I have found seems to do
> that)

Solved in MacJournal. In Apple's aperture, they saw this blocking as a
feature.

>,doesn¹t progressively show/hide the menu bar etc.
Don't want the menu bar to show.

> not to speak  about handling windows/dialogs/sheets which may come up while in
> full  screen mode etc.
That is an issue, the problems are, I am sure, both obscure, and numerous.

> , and that is _very_ low on my list, because just pressing the
> + in the title bar effectively gives you a full screen window without
> all these problems.

+ gives you a big window, which is worse than a well fitting window for
creative writing.

Still I am not sure that we need spend much time convincing you of something
you don't dig:  I don't mind buying licences for Macjournal from time to
time: Dan Schimpf's a nice guy too :-)