[TxMt] Odd behavior with "Move Selection Line Up" and "Line Down"

Michael Henry macromates at drmikehenry.com
Mon May 22 01:51:35 UTC 2006

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 21/5/2006, at 13:40, Michael Henry wrote:
>
>> [...] I like the way that many features in TextMate operate on the
>> selected text when a selection is active, but fall back to some
>> natural unit of text for the given operation when nothing is
>> selected.  To me, the above-described line move operations seem to
>> "line up" with this philosophy.
>
> FYI the current behavior is not by design, but a side-effect of how
> the things are implemented internally in TM.
>
> Changing the internals is a to-do item, it’s something which affects
> many things, so I am not just special-casing this one to get a quick
> fix[...]
Thanks for the explanation.  I'm happy to wait for the clean fix.

By the way, I had searched the requested features list to see if this
behavior were mentioned, and I didn't see it.  Is there somewhere I
should have looked before posting?  If I'd known it was on a TODO list I
wouldn't have troubled the list with the question.

Thanks,
Michael Henry