[TxMt] (scope problem) last character - last line in document

Oliver Taylor ollieman at gmail.com
Sun May 21 19:50:44 UTC 2006

Fist Example:

{	name = 'meta.line.screenplay';
	match = '^(\t{4})([^\t].*)(\s*)';
	captures =
	{	1 = { name = 'whitespace'; };
		2 = { name = 'element.character'; };
		3 = { name = 'element.character.eol'; };
	};
},

This works great unless the line I'm working on is the last line of
the document, in which case the 3rd capture fails. Which makes a
certain amount of sense to me because on the last character of the
last line of the document there wouldn't be anything to match, not
even a newline.

But the following works...

{	name = 'element.action.screenplay';
	captures =
	{	1 = { name = 'element.action.eol'; };
	};
},

Which is totally nuts, because it's not all that different than the
first example.

My question is this: How can I get the 3rd capture of the first
example to work when I'm working on the last line of a document?