[TxMt] Moving Text Around

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun May 21 09:03:48 UTC 2006

On 20/5/2006, at 5:59, nachodog at mac.com wrote:

> [...] I tried this and it didn't work:
>
> tee >(grep ^# >/Users/ndog/Desktop/GTD_TEXT/project_list) | grep ^\
> \* >/Users/ndog/Desktop/GTD_TEXT/nextactions | grep ^\\% >/Users/
> ndog/Desktop/GTD_TEXT/done

Normally it’s: command1 | command2 | command3 and these will process
the data serially.

tee is a special command which additionally writes the data to the
file(s) given as argument.

The: >(command) syntax is a shell feature which will be substituted
with a dynamic filename, and data written to that file, will actually
be given to the command.

So what you probably want is something like:

    cd ~/Desktop/GTD_TEXT
    tee >(grep '^#' >project_list) >(grep '^\*' >nextactions) >(grep
'^%' >done)