[TxMt] Setext-style heading for Markdown

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Fri May 19 04:39:12 UTC 2006

On 5/18/06, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 19/5/2006, at 5:32, Dr. Drang wrote:
>
> > Here's quick little command/macro pair for handling Markdown headings
> > using the setext format [...]
>
> Actually, if you write a = or - in the first column of a line (in
> Markdown) and press tab, it will insert as many as required to
> underline the line above.

Yes, I know about the Tab-Triggered commands that come with TM (should
have been more explicit about that in the message, I guess). But when
I change the headings--which I often do--I like to readjust the
lengths of the underlines with a single keystroke, not an
erase-equal-tab sequence.

Now that I think of it, a snippet that automatically types the
underline as you're typing the heading text would be really cool. Not
productive, maybe, but cool.

--
Dr. Drang