[TxMt] [ANN] RubyAndRails-Experimental bundle a.k.a Ruby & Rails syntax improved

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Sun May 14 20:50:51 UTC 2006

OK, everyone seems to be adding some new functionality to TM these
days, so I thought it was about time for me to get on that bandwagon
again after a long time away ;-)

So here is the RubyAndRails-Experimental bundle which will do the
following:

1.	Syntax Highlight all known Ruby & Rails methods

Especially for those that like me waste large amounts of time looking
for 'spelling' bugs, where I/we have spelled a method wrongly.
In other words: typing "validate_confrimation_of" will NOT highlight
since it’s spellt wrongly, while "validates_confirmation_of" will
highlight correctly. Just make sure you have highlighting on for the
'support.function' scope.

2.	CodeCompletion

Pressing ESC after typing a few characters will now give you a
complete listing of all known Ruby, Rails or Ruby & Rails methods
that begins with those characters. Built in support for three
separate scopes if you so wish. (Requires some editing of scopes in
the Bundle window)

Nope, does NOT yet support code base scanning for your own defined
methods. :(  Please feel free to improve upon this!  ;-)

3.	Ruby 'ri' Documentation Support

View ri's informational output based upon the currently selected word
OR the current word your cursor is within.  Requires that you have
the ri documentation installed, or it will give you a information
text telling you that.

Great !! So where do I get hold of it ??

If you have SVN installed just copy and run either of these commands:

svn checkout http://www.eyematz.com/svn/public/TextMate/RubyAndRails-
Experimental/RubyAndRails-Experimental.tmbundle RubyAndRails-
Experimental.tmbundle

svn export http://www.eyematz.com/svn/public/TextMate/RubyAndRails-
Experimental/RubyAndRails-Experimental.tmbundle RubyAndRails-
Experimental.tmbundle

or else download it from here: [ http://www.imediatec.co.uk/tm/
bundles/RubyAndRails-Experimental.tmbundle.v1.zip ]

and then double-click the bundle to install it.

Enjoy ! And if somethings not working OK, please let me know,
preferably with a diff patch ;-)

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -

"RubyOnRails development done the Mac way"
- locomotive.raaum.org -