[TxMt] ctags (or etags) and TextMate

Oscar Bonilla ob at bitmover.com
Thu May 11 18:41:59 UTC 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 7:17 PM, Matthew Gilbert wrote:

> Hi Oscar,
>
> On May 10, 2006, at 7:24 PM, Oscar Bonilla wrote:
>
>> I know about the Ctrl-] command in textmate that brings up an HTML
>> list of things to click at, but that is really slow.
>
> I think most of the slowness comes from popping up the dialog. Try
> selecting the word you want to lookup, and then hitting ctrl-]. Is
> that faster? I could add a an option that selects whether or not
> CocoaDialog should be used.

Well, I've just tried it and now it seems to be having problems:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Library/Application Support/
TextMate/Bundles/Source.tmbundle/Support/bin/lookup_tag.py", line 11,
in ? import pytags.exchtml as exchtml File "/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/Source.tmbundle/Support/bin/pytags.zip/
pytags/exchtml.py", line 5, in ? File "/Library/Application Support/
TextMate/Bundles/Source.tmbundle/Support/bin/pytags.zip/pytags/
exctags.py", line 9, in ? ImportError: Inappropriate file type for
dynamic loading

Any ideas what that means?

>> Besides, I don't know how to go back to were I was.
>
> A tag stack is something I've wanted to add for a while. I'll try
> to look into it soon... _matt

That would be awesome...

Thanks,

-Oscar

--
pgp fingerprint: BC64 2E7A CAEF 39E1 9544  80CA F7D5 784D FB46 16C1