[TxMt] Google Trends

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu May 11 16:32:44 UTC 2006

On 11/5/2006, at 18:18, Trevor Harmon wrote:

>> The graph is somewhat consistent with my sales graph
> I am still wondering about the Philippines connection. Do you get a
> lot of sales from the Philippines?

I don’t have any geographical breakdown, as I don’t record the origin
country of each sale.

The overrepresentation of Philippines is strange, and would imply the
tainting of the phrase, or maybe just rather weak data for Google’s
breakdown.

It is also puzzling that Denmark and Sweden each have twice as many
searches as the US, when each country host around five million
people, and half my sales are from the US [1].

Of course Denmark could be because I am from Denmark, but AFAIK no
“local” media has mentioned TextMate here.

[1] I know that because the US transaction fee is lower.