[TxMt] Services menuitem

Egil Helland egil at egil.net
Tue May 9 17:39:26 UTC 2006

On 9. mai. 2006, at 17:39, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 9/5/2006, at 15:12, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>> [...] The advantage of the service menu item option is that it
>> works with mozilla and camino as well, if I remember correctly
> Yes, interestingly though, it sort of fails for Tiger’s Mail, as
> they do not read the result from the service, but instead read the
> clipboard, when the service completes (rdar://problem/4156075).
I see. But my issue is not to change the edit menu hack, but rather
mimick the BBEdit style of Services menu functionality - the "New
window with Selection" BBEdit item, to be exact. Forgot to specify
that in my previous mail, sorry about that.

With such a Services menuitem, I can just select some text that I
want to deal with, and send it to TextEdit right away, and TextEdit
does not need to wait for anything or anyone... Thats what happens
with BBEdit at least.

egil helland / it consultant (mcse, web technology)
web: ikon.as / egil.net        mob: +47-91315555