[TxMt] Project File benefits (was "Anyone interested in...")

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Mon May 8 14:41:55 UTC 2006

On May 8, 2006, at 9:33 AM, Jonathan Barrett wrote:
> As an aside, is there any intrinsic benefit to using a project file
> vs. just moving to the directory (in which I live) and typing
> `mate .`?
>
> Not looking to start a holy war, but I'm just wondering if I'm
> missing any project file goodness?

Unless I am doing something wrong, I find that it is not possible to
have project-specific environment variables unless the project is a
project file. In my case I have a folder which is my thesis in LaTeX,
split up in a million files put together with a master.tex file, so I
want, when using this project, for the environment variable
TM_LATEX_MASTER to be set to the path to this master file, so that
compiling from any file will result in compiling the master file.
Just a simple example in my case. Overall I find the folders system
more convenient though.

> -J

Haris