[TxMt] [ANN] Balance Jr 2.0 & Screencast!

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 14:23:33 UTC 2006

>> I rewrote a bunch of stuff in my Balance Jr Command.
>> I made a new screencast.
>>
>> Blog Post
>> http://subtlegradient.com/articles/2006/05/06/balance-jr-2-0-for-
>> textmate-screencast
>>
>> Download in a zip
>> http://trippledoubleyou.subtlegradient.com/textmate/
>> tAylott_subtleGradient.tmbundle.zip
>>
>> Subscribe with SVN
>> http://textmate.svn.subtlegradient.com/Bundles/
>> tAylott_subtleGradient.tmbundle/
>
> Well, now that I've watched the screencast, I can now say that I
> finally understand the philosophy behind your balance jr command,
> namely that prev is used to fine tune and next is used to grab
> (more or less). This is a good thing Ibelieve :)

Also, prev is used to select the surrounding contents of the caret.
You use PREV inside of a string to select the contents of that string
for example.

> However, how did you select that one div-tag and change it with the
> end tag?
That is Duane's Intelligent Jump
http://blog.inquirylabs.com/2006/05/02/new-feature-intelligent-jump/

I changed his keystrokes to shift-home and shift-end

> Also, I'd suggest a change in the oh so wonderful add html-
> attribute, it should add it to the current tag the caret is in if
> at all possible. Scenario
> (| means caret)
> this I believe should add an attribute in that p-tag, however, it
> jumps to the next instead. So, while inside the <> characters, I
> believe it should stick to that tag.
>
> Andreas

You are, of course, completely right.
I have been meaning to fix that, but hadn't gotten around to it yet :-!
I'll let you know when I do

subtleGradient