[TxMt] Footnotes

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Mon May 8 14:15:39 UTC 2006

On May 7, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Soryu wrote:

> In MultiMarkdown Footnotes[^footnotes] are a built-in feature and
> the command mentioned can most easily be adapted to insert such a
> footnote.
>
> Soryu
>
> [^footnotes]: See here: http://fletcher.freeshell.org/wiki/
> MultiMarkdown#footnotes

Be aware that footnotes are not yet a standard feature of Markdown
(I'm taking John Gruber's version to be the standard), so you'll be
unable to process [^foot]-style footnotes in most, if not all, non-
MultiMarkdown implementations.

Gruber himself *does* use footnotes on his Daring Fireball site, and
the best way to do footnotes has been much discussed on the Markdown
mailing list. A good thread on the topic starts [here][1].

I have a couple of longish flights coming up at the end of this week,
and will probably use that dead time to modify my TM link snippets to
handle footnotes in the MultiMarkdown style. Don't make any summer
plans until you hear back from me ;)

--
Dr. Drang

[1]: http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/markdown-discuss/2005-July/