[TxMt] using one encoding per project

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun May 7 02:35:16 UTC 2006

On 6/5/2006, at 14:07, Max Lein wrote:

> [...] Is there a way to make that encoding stick, preferably on a
> per-file basis (at least on a per-project basis)?

Unless you check the “Use for existing files as well” in Preferences -
 > Saving, then TextMate will preserve the encoding (estimated during
load) when saving it.

Of course this means that you will manually have to select it the
first time for new files, and as long as the files only contain 7 bit
characters, TextMate will not know what encoding it was actually
saved in (as both latin-1 and utf-8 are valid ASCII supersets).

I have taken note of the per-project encoding suggestion.