[TxMt] Changing Open File Name is Not Reflected in TextMate

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Fri May 5 20:47:40 UTC 2006

On 05/05/2006, at 9:42 PM, Matthew Gilbert wrote:
> On May 5, 2006, at 11:07 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> On 5/5/2006, at 20:03, Trevor Harmon wrote:
>>> [...] I wonder why TextMate seems to be the exception here.
>> Because the API required for this is in the Carbon library. But
>> 2.0 will make use of it.
> Only if there are no unsaved changes I assume.

It doesn't make any difference as the file that is moved is the one
that was on the disk, TM keeps an alias to it and doesn't have to
care where it is.

You can also rename the file without anything getting lost. All in
all life is MUCH better for the user.

Looking forward to seeing this, it is sadly missing. On the cocoa-
carbon issue, I note that subethaedit handles file moves and renames
transparently, and i am pretty sure it is cocoa. Perhaps they went to
the trouble of using the carbon wrappers under cocoa, but perhaps
there is another way to get this feature, which exists already?