[TxMt] Re: Command-/ (Comments) not working

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Fri May 5 18:59:10 UTC 2006

On May 5, 2006, at 12:18 PM, David Chin wrote:

> David Chin wrote:
>> Ah, figured it out from some other posts. It was a Ruby version
>> problem. I edited ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist to add a PATH string
>> that pointed to a newer Ruby version.  It works fine, now.
>
> Actually, this brings up the issue of how robust bundle scripts
> must be. I am assuming it would be possible to write this bundle
> using an earlier version of Ruby. My opinion is that it should be
> done that way. It seems like requiring an external installation
> of Ruby of a particular version is crufty. The Source bundle is
> pretty much required for any coding work. Maybe its functions,
> especially the toggle comment on region, should somehow be 'built-in'
> rather than be an add-on.

I rewrote that command and to be honest I just didn't think about
it.  I apologize.

Ruby 1.8.0 was released in 2003, so it's been the standard for a
pretty long while now.  Apple just didn't catch up very fast for some
reason.

Nine times in ten, if you just change the inject() calls to use each
() and an external Array that will do it.  A quick look shows that I
didn't seem to use it this time though.  Figures.

I no longer have easy access to a 1.6.8 install, but if someone who
does wants to mail me errors and checkout the current bundles as I
try to fix them, I'll see if I can port it back.  If you want to do
this, email me off-list.

Sorry again.

James Edward Gray II