[TxMt] Changing Open File Name is Not Reflected in TextMate

Paul Mucur mudge at waferbaby.com
Fri May 5 16:41:06 UTC 2006

If one opens a file in TextMate and then renames that file in the
Finder, TextMate does not pick up the change and saving the opened
file will result in the file being saved with its original name.

I only mention this as I am user coming from BBEdit and am used to it
picking up file name changes upon activating the editor window.

I'm not sure which is the best approach but I like the idea of files
not being dependent on their name; the ability to re-open a file
despite its name having been changed is a great thing so perhaps this
should apply to when a file is currently opened?

Thanks in advance,

-- Paul