[TxMt] help with workaround with known bug

Oliver Taylor ollieman at gmail.com
Thu May 4 20:00:38 UTC 2006

Allan recently isolated a bug I found to be in the regular expression
library TextMate uses and we're waiting for a response. While we wait
I was looking to implement the feature that crashed TextMate and I
hoped you all could help me out with some ruby or perl (or whatever)
voodoo.

The bug is explained here: http://ollieman.net/videos/find-bug.mov

The expected behavior is explained here: http://ollieman.net/videos/desired.mp4

It works the rest of the time, it's just when at the beginning of the
document that it crashes.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--oliver

P.S. Are these videos a good way to ask questions? I feel like it's
difficult to articulate without actually showing you.