[TxMt] Bundles: R; LaTeX deep include parsing

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed May 3 18:43:00 UTC 2006

On May 3, 2006, at 12:46 PM, Peter Cowan wrote:

> On 5/2/06, Charilaos Skiadas <cskiadas at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Yes, I agree there could be bad side effects.  Btw the default
> behavior is to load the last saved workspace.
>
> I guess I don't fully understand what you'd like to do, but you might
> find the following useful:
>
> <http://www.approximity.com/cgi-bin/blogtari/index.rb/Tools/
> R at RubybindingsforR.txt>
>
> Ruby, isn't my thing so I cannot assess the quality or completeness.

thanks, though this is something different, it is to call R methods
from within Ruby code. I am just using Ruby to write the TextMate
command. My confusion came from misunderstanding how the Ruby run
command works. For instance if you start a new document, set the
language to Ruby, and type in the following:

print "Hello "
sleep 5
print "there"

and then press cmd-R, then you see a nice html window saying "Hello
there". what I thought would be happening would be to see "Hello ",
and then 5 seconds later see "there". I.e. I thought each line that
was executed had its output produced and shown in the window, instead
of having to wait for it to finish. I wanted a similar thing from R,
which I now see is not possible.
So I just added a command that does the same thing as the "Ruby
script" command, i.e. it feeds the current document into the command-
line R program, and prints the output in an HTML window. It has had
very little testing, but hopefully it's a place to start. I
essentially just copied the command from RubyMate.

> Peter

Haris