[TxMt] [ANN] Intelligent Jump

Duane Johnson duane.johnson at gmail.com
Wed May 3 16:35:02 UTC 2006

On May 3, 2006, at 1:27 AM, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> I think this is a great idea, but Duane's home/end looses some
> functionality compared to Thomas', I'm thinking about for example
> 	$$('#mainMenu')[0].onmouseout = function() {
> on which I could navigate quickly from section to section so to
> speak with Thomas' commands, but with Duane's I only jump a
> character a time. Could these be merged to get everything from both?

Although it was inspired by his work, my purpose in creating the
intelli-jump command was not necessarily to replace Thomas' work.  In
fact, there are some things that I specifically left out from the
Balance Jr regular expression.

Nevertheless, I'm willing to take a look at expanding the intelli-
jump "intelligence".  Could you give me a larger sample text and
explain where you expect the cursor to end up (or what you expect to
be highlighted) when you press home / end?

Duane Johnson
(canadaduane)
http://blog.inquirylabs.com/