[TxMt] Re: overwriting opening tag doesn't mirror on the closing tag.

Theorik theorik at gmx.de
Wed May 3 11:35:32 UTC 2006

Scripsit Fred B. diē 3.5.2006 12:39:
> On the other hand I don't understand you neither, Bernhard.
> What's so hard about changing a keybinding or two???
> e.g. I changed cmd + [ to cmd + (, etc.

Changing a key binding or two is not a big thing, but if Allan decides
what keyboard I should use and seems to say that the others are
unsupported and irrelevant[1], I don't want to use the programme – maybe
he has other ideas on how I should work, too.  After Allan's last
comment, I see no big problem at all.

(But of course, at the wrong moment, even changing a key binding or two
  can be annoying (AFAIK there is no list of key bindings by "mode") so
I stumble upon conflicts by accident and have to guess which key
combinations are still "free" – not so smart, but I am certainly able to
live with it, now that I understood how key bindings in OS X work.)

[1] That's how I understood him first, but he has relativated nearly
everything he said.  So let's just say there were two people who
ridiculously got in a fight about keyboard layouts.

> If you are ready to drop TM for such a minor thing, I wonder why you
> bought it first...

I liked it, it integrated with programmes I use, the developer seemed to
be helpful generally.  That's why I was irritated when he seemed quite
arrogant at what I thought was easier to take care of on his side than
on mine (but maybe the idea that people shouln't be able to shadow Alt
bindings was just as arrogant as I thought it was to shadow Alt bindings
in "standard" bundles.  Sorry.)

Cheers,
Bernhard