[TxMt] Re: overwriting opening tag doesn't mirror on the closing tag.

Fred B. fredb7 at starflam.com
Wed May 3 10:39:03 UTC 2006

On 03 May 2006, at 11:42, Theorik wrote:

>> I encourage everyone who can, to switch to the US keymap, it is
>> such  a productivity gain when coding/using the shell, to have
>> easy to  reach /, \, [, ], {, }, |, ;, :, etc. key.
>> Of course I know some perceive this almost as saying “boot into
>> Windows” :p
>
> Not supporting non-US keyboard layouts is a severe limitation and
> should be stated clearly in the manual and on the web page.
> (This is not to say that it makes no sense – it probably does make
> sense for you.)
>
> Had I read your recommendation earlier, I wouldn't have paid for
> TextMate – seriously.  You don't offer a refund, do you?
>
> Cheers,
> Bernhard

I think you should refrain from making statement like that Allan,
really.

My keyboards were, are and will be AZERTY.
- Being forced to make option + whatever then the letter to have
accented chars would be plain stupid in french.
- I'm used to azerty and a 20+ year habit is hard to change.
- It would be a nightmare every time I'd have to use something else
that my macs (@ work, etc.)
- I don't write to my friends by coding/using the shell.
- I don't want to use the option key every time I write my name. ;)

Why not asking me to stop speaking french altogether?

The only thing that piss me off on my belgian keyboard is the need to
use shift to get a dot, but I changed in 10s with the free Ukelele[1]

[1]http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14495

On the other hand I don't understand you neither, Bernhard.
What's so hard about changing a keybinding or two???
e.g. I changed cmd + [ to cmd + (, etc.

If you are ready to drop TM for such a minor thing, I wonder why you
bought it first...

--
FredB
  a.k.a