[TxMt] Bundles: R; LaTeX deep include parsing

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Tue May 2 19:44:12 UTC 2006

On May 2, 2006, at 1:02 PM, Peter Cowan wrote:

> I'm not too savvy with writing commands yet, but perhaps R --slave can
> do what you want.  It writes to standard output.  Every time it is
> called might be a new instance of R though, which would be problematic
> for evaluating previously assigned function etc.  I also don't know
> how it handles figures.

R --slave does get rid of the ">" in front, so that could be helpful.
But my problem is with keeping an interactive connection with R. I am
trying to do it in Ruby using popen, but the problem that I have is
that the input and output pipes don't really work simultaneously.
I.e. I'd like to be able to write a single line to input, then read
all the output, then send another line etc. The regular pipes in Ruby
don't seem to be able to do that, and I really don't have the time
right now to figure out another way.

> Peter

Haris