[TxMt] Re: ProFont and tool tips

Jacob Rus jrus at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 31 15:45:32 UTC 2006

William Bumgarner wrote:
> i find that ProFont only looks good in the unbold, unitalic, mode.  As
> soon as either mode is added, it gets rather chunky.

Yup.  Leave it plain, the way it was meant to be.  It's hard for any
non-anti-aliased 9 point font to have a good looking italic version,
though pixelated Profont with faux italics is especially bad.  I just
turn off italics in the prefs, and replace it with colorization.

Allan, if you could figure out how to get plain text pixelated, but
italics anti-aliased, that would be hot.

-Jacob