[TxMt] Java language grammar problems

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Mar 29 20:28:38 UTC 2006

On 29/3/2006, at 18:34, Steve Lianoglou wrote:

>>> The only solution is to modify the language grammar to markup
>>> things differently. For example you could assign a name to the
>>> last slash (see about language grammars / captures ) and then
>>> give a scope selector like: comment.block - meta.end-of-comment.
> Would it make sense to make that part of the official lang bundle?
> I'd imagine manay-a-folk would find macro of continuing a block
> comment w/ a leading "*" when writing up docs.

It probably wouldn’t be bad with some sort of naming convention for
the cases where placing the caret “after” the construct was generally
not considered as “on” the construct.

As for the abstract method, currently that and interface methods
(wrongly) require the { } after the method prototype.

I have on my to-do that I should fix that part of the Java language
grammar, since it does get reported from time to time (apparently
people still use Java :p ) -- but so far I haven’t found the time…

If anyone wants to submit a patch :)