[TxMt] Scoping snippets for XML

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Wed Mar 29 08:58:46 UTC 2006

I was wondering how to handle snippets for various XML types. For
example, I'm developing some snippets for the Quotation Exchange
Language [1]. Although QEL is just XML with a specific schema, its
snippets are totally unique and would be useless in any other XML
file. That makes me inclined to give the QEL snippets their own scope
(to avoid potential naming conflicts between tag triggers). But how
can this be done? It seems like I'd have to create a new language
type for QEL, but I'd simply be duplicating the XML bundle -- not
just for QEL but for all the XML file types I'm writing snippets for.
The thought of all that redundancy bothers me; perhaps there's some
way of "subclassing" the XML language type? Or is there an entirely
different way to handle this kind of thing?

Trevor

[1] http://www.amk.ca/qel/