[TxMt] subversion question

Dave Baldwin dave.baldwin at 3dlabs.com
Mon Mar 27 10:51:51 UTC 2006

On 27 Mar 2006, at 10:46, Oliver Taylor wrote:

> So, in the process of writing the screenwriting bundle I'm working
> (and using every day) I've come to the conclusion that it might be
> cool to look into subversion for working with screenwriting projects.
>
> Obviously I know nothing about subversion, so my question is:
>
> Is this stupid?

No - it is an excellent idea.
> Do you guys have any good resources for getting started with
> subversion?

This is an excellent book, well worth the money.
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/svn/index.html

But is you want something free then:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
is good, but a little less polished.

> Is there a better solution (since I'm just using text-documents)?
> I can't seem to find a really good intro on how to use TextMate
> with Subversion, did I miss it somewhere?

Control-Shift-a will bring up the subversion menu and there is some
help under help.  It assumes (reasonably) that you know about version
control.

Dave.